RSS FEED

February 5, 2011 - Roller Girls...

Listen to the Show - Pictures

Recap by The Metal Wulf;
Not a bad night by any stretch, although we were still lacking our host. Yep, Joe was still among the missing as of Friday night, and we were all pretty afraid that I may have frightened him off for good...
Not that I hadn't attempted to search for him. Man, I busted my ass lookin' for that guy! Knocked on his door for half an hour, and when I finally realized that neither he OR his wife were answering, I decided to expand my search. Unfortunately, I lack a ready source of transportation of my own...
Hmmm...what to do...
Figuring that he hadn't killed either Bill or myself for taking his car at Christmas, I proceeded to borrow it again! Yep, I drove that convertible of his around five counties, pretty much peeking in every window and under every rock, behind every tree...
You get the idea, and of course, I had no luck...
Anyway, blame seemed to be pretty firmly leveled at me, although I'm not liking how strange things occur whenever Azkath is on the show. Strange things like gaps in my memory...
Hmmmmm...
Seriously, were things really that much worse when we had a Jeffie running around?

Anyhoo, we had guests in the studio as well, so we really couldn't dwell on our missing host for too long!
So, Cuss Muffin and Izzy Normous had both returned to the show, and they brought a new team member, L.L. Cruel J, along with them. They were kind enough to bring us up to speed with new developments, among them the beginning of a new, longer season of derby action, a new team (the Mid-Town Maulers), and, of course, promoting their season opening bout at the Dome Arena this past Saturday night.
Always a pleasure to have these ladies visit, I've gotta say. L.L. Cruel J was nice enough to share a fun little story with us about how she got to meet Lemmy from Motorhead, and even played a game of pool with him, and Cuss Muffin shared some more tales of her travels with us. Of course, after hearing her tell of a visit to Nicaragua where she found a large spider eating a cockroach on top of her toothbrush, I'm thinking I'm not minding the cold, snowy New York winters quite so much anymore...
EWWWWWWWWW!!!

The latter portion of the evening, after our derby friends departed, found me sitting by myself in the Stupid Room. Seems that nobody wanted to share the essence (or should I say ASS-ence...) of Wulfie that was wafting about.
Hey, I didn't design the radio station! Who would have thought to put the rest room just a couple of doors away from where we all sit? Really! And you'd think if folks were so worried, they'd put in some air freshener or somethin'...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top