RSS FEED

February 19, 2011 - Shades vs Azkath



Recap by The Metal Wulf;
So, before I get into the meat and potatoes of this week's recap, I need to go back to last week to fill in a couple of holes.
Here's the deal: I awoke in my apartment last Saturday morning, just inside my door at the bottom of my stairs, with a pounding agony tearing through my skull. Seems that after dragging me out of the radio station, Bill was left with no other alternative but to subdue me.
With a tire iron...
Now, I understand that desperate circumstances sometimes require desperate methods, but jeeeeez, did he have to hit me that hard? And neither he or his girlfriend Carissa will speak of just how bad I'd gotten, and of course, once again I have no recollection of what behavior I was displaying that brought about that particular clunk to the dome.
So, once I brought everybody up to speed with that aspect of the story, it was pretty firmly established that under no circumstances are owls to be mentioned in my presence!
Better safe than sorry...

Anyhoo, we spent a good portion of the evening promoting tonight's Valentine's Metal Massacre at Donselaar's in Clyde, a free show that features local bands Spater, Compressed, Fleshburn, Dirt Under Sky, and NCIP. We actually had Compressed AND Fleshburn in the studio last night, which made for a bit of a packed house, but was extremely cool nonetheless. Always great to have bands on hand!

Things got exceptionally insane once Azkath showed up. In addition to repeatedly having to remind him NOT to mention owls around me, another personality made itself known that really rubbed Azkath the wrong way.
Seems there's this dude who calls himself Shades, and he's a bit of a...well...how do I put this nicely?
Quite frankly, he's a bit of an arrogant douche...
Anyhow, Azkath and Shades ended up pounding the utter hell out of each other in the last hour of the show, and I ended up getting caught in the line of fire, so to speak.
Yep, somewhere along the line, I got knocked out of my chair, had an elbow dropped on me, got kicked repeatedly. Then, as I struggled to get back up, Shades jumped on top of me, followed by Azkath...
By the next talk break, I was feelin' just a little worse for wear. Joe seemed pretty convinced that I was dead, but I was up and talking, not quite lucidly, but talking. I really don't remember much, except I mistakenly thought Joe had said something about Hanson, forcing me to break out into a chorus of "Mmm-Bop".
Once I'd been corrected on the matter and understood that Joe had actually said NELSON, I proceeded to break out into a chorus of "After The Rain"...
Yeah, that beatdown really didn't seem to improve my mental faculties, and things weren't over yet. By the time the next set of music was over, Azkath had brought in a Kendo stick like device...
Y'know, after seeing these things used in ECW and assorted WWE Hardcore matches, I'd always wondered just how badly those things could hurt.
Now I know! And, I've gotta say, I really don't recommend getting struck with one!

So, yeah, the closing moments of the show were pretty much filled with carnage and left me babbling like more of a fool than usual. I'm just hoping next week will be a little more laid back, 'cuz I don't know how many more shots to the dome I can take!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top