RSS FEED

May 22 - Sacrificing Josh...

Listen to the Show

Recap by The Metal Wulf; You never really WANT to have that moment come when you devote a portion of a radio show to the memory of one of your heroes. When it all boils down, you really just want to be selfish and go on wishing that the person in question never passed on, never had his voice forever silenced, and will still be around to continue making contributions to the music you love.
But, the reality is that Ronnie James Dio has forever left us, and that beautiful voice of his, which could go from angelic to demonic in the blink of an eye, has been silenced. There will be no more trips to the magical and sometimes frightening worlds he introduced us to in his songs.
With that being said, I'm sure we probably didn't feature the greatest tribute likely to be done in Ronnie's honor, but I'd say it was probably up there among the most heart-felt and genuine, as each and every one of us on The Metallic Onslaught know full well what Ronnie contributed to our kind of music over the years, be it with Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, or Heaven And Hell.
Truth be known, each and every one of those bands was featured in our tribute, that ran slightly over the one-hour time slot that was originally planned for it. Not that any of us complained. Hell, given the opportunity, I'm sure we would've been more than happy to just keep going with it right up until the end of the show.
Ronnie, wherever you may be now, we're all going to miss you terribly. Rest In Peace!

Above and beyond that, we had Dave from Spater join us once again for some more promotion of the Finger Lakes Metal Fest, being held next weekend in Clyde! Seriously, this 2-day event has an extremely solid line-up, and shouldn't be missed if you can at all possibly avoid it!
We also had members of Lowkey on hand, who will actually be performing at the Metal Fest next week. In addition to that appearance, the boys have been hard at work on a new album. If you've been listening in recent weeks, you may have heard one of their new tracks, "Porcupine Cannonball", and in addition to that, they also provided us with another new track called "Passion". Sounded pretty damned good to me!

Jeffie was once again on hand, and he seemed a little confused in the early goings of his visit. Seems he woke up in a hole after last weeks show, which saw him getting into some mushrooms I'd gathered earlier in the day.
I actually thanked him for testing them for me. Considering the after-effects, I don't think I would've enjoyed those on a pizza...
I'd remarked to him that the last time I'd seen him, he was sitting on the roof of the station. He didn't seem to remember getting up there.
I swear, I honestly don't know how he got up there! I had nothing to do with it!
Heh heh heh...
Anyhow, he started rambling about being chased by a walrus and ending up in a hole. And then looking up from the hole to look into the starlight, where God revealed his plans for the Onslaught to him.
Riiiiiiight...
He later mentioned that he couldn't tell us God's plan until we sacrificed Josh. At first, I was a little hesitant. I mean, normally if anyone dies on the show, it's a Jeffie, and we haven't had a Jeffie death in, well...I honestly think the last one was the week before I made my first appearance!
Even then, he showed up as a zombie, and eventually another Jeffie was cloned anyway...
Seriously, you can't get rid of Jeffie forever. Azkath just keeps sending us more of them...
Anyhoo, back to God's plan.
In the long run, I decided that sometimes, in the interest of having your destiny revealed, a little bloodshed may just be a tad necessary.
So, in the closing moments of the show, in a bestial rage, I killed Josh on the air.
Sorry Josh, but God has a plan for us all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top