RSS FEED

June 12 - Cry to the Blind

Listen to the Show

Recap by The Metal Wulf: Well, talk about some bizarre situations. On the last show I pretty much succeeded in driving everybody out of their minds with my biscuit addiction. Once again, Jeffie is the primary party to blame, although I should have known better than to eat something that he offered me. But those biscuits were sooooo yummy...
Mmmmmm, biscuits...
NOOOOO!!!!

Okay, so maybe there's some lingering attachment there, but I've found other entertainments in the meantime. More on that in a bit...

Anyhoo, Joe had me sedated in my closing moments on that last show, and had supposedly dropped me off at Rehab.
Strange thing, though. I don't think most rehabs come equipped with an S&M Dungeon...
So, there I was chained to a wall surrounded by a bunch of leather-clad dingbats who thought they knew something about inflicting pain.
Poor, poor bastards...

Upon my arrival at the show, I explained the situation to the guys, explaining that the above-mentioned leather-clad folks were currently chained up for my further entertainment. Yep, I'd been teaching them a LOT over the previous week!
Imagine my surprise, though, when my handiwork was interrupted by my brother, Bill, who had arrived to rescue me from Rehab (using his amazing invisible Ninja skills!) and get me to the radio show in time to hang with Cry To The Blind.
In the end, I reluctantly left my victims where they were for the time being. I was pretty sure they'd be alright until I got back. I mean, a couple of dangling organs here and there couldn't have been THAT life-threatening, could they?

Anyways, on to the serious aspects of this weeks show: Cry To The Blind!
So, let's go back to the early part of the New Millennium, when an event called Party Project at Geneva, NY's Smith Opera House introduced me to a rap/metal combo called 40 Oz. Failure, whose sound could best be compared to Limp Bizkit. 40 Oz. Failure were a LOT heavier, and infinitely better, in my opinion.
These guys blew me away that night, as well as another band called Loopus. Over the next three years or so Bill and I took in as many shows featuring these bands as humanly possible. Seriously, I've lost track, It seems like every weekend we were seeing one or the other or both.
Well, since that time, both 40 Oz. Failure and Loopus have disbanded.
Cry To The Blind is the band that rose from the ashes of 40 Oz. Failure, with less focus on the rap aspects and more of a modern hard-rock sound. Still damned good, let me tell ya!
So, it was vocalist Jon Lamana, drummer Jay Telarico, and bassist Kory Maclauchlan who joined us in studio this week, bringing us up to date on many things, as well as reminiscing about some of the "old" days. Seriously, with enough hard work and dedication (and believe me, these guys have got it in SPADES!), the sky is the limit for this band. I wish them nothing but the best!

Anyway, other discussions drifted toward recent events concerning Jeffie. I have a feeling he may be in for a rough evening when he returns next week. I think we're all a little impatient to discover what this message from God is all about, and we may have to get some answers from him! And considering Bill has shown interest in hanging with us a bit more frequently, maybe those invisible clowns living in his pants could be of help!
Yeah, I'm expecting some extreme craziness in the coming weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top