RSS FEED

July 24, 2010 - A Quiet Night of Lovely Music...

Listen to the Show

Recap by The Metal Wulf; More or less a quiet evening, which, as usual, meant a greater focus on music. Pretty much the way it should be!
Early discussions focused on last week's Battery show in Clyde, still can't believe the tribute band played longer than Metallica could ever have dreamed of...wow...
We also somehow got on the topic of "Shandi", a tune that is historically significant only because it is the absolute WORST KISS SONG EVER WRITTEN!!!
To be brutally honest, I'd rather listen to "Music From The Elder", front to back, a thousand times over, than ever have to hear "Shandi" again...
Believe me, I'm pretty sure the listening audience got a damned good dose of just how bad this song is when I started singing snippets of it on the air. Honestly, I don't mind the occasional breaking into song thing, but belting out "Shandi" left me feeling just a little nauseous.
Damn, I'm gettin' queasy just thinking about it...mmmph...
Jesus Christ, it's no wonder Peter and Ace left the fuckin' band...

Discussing "Shandi" seemed to leave a bad taste in all our mouths, so it's a damned good thing Rick mentioned that a Cold Stone Creamery had just opened in the Tim Horton's, which is conveniently located a short distance up the road from the station. Yep, an ice cream break was just what the doctor ordered, and I strongly recommend the Peanut Butter Cup Perfection!
Mmmmmm, ice cream!

Around the time that we would normally have been expecting Jeffie, we got word from him via phone and text that he couldn't make it, due to bus issues. Somebody mentioned tires, to be precise, prompting me to ask if he'd tried taking the square ones off...
Rick (or was it Joe? hmmmm...) mentioned that Jeffie should just try the old Fred Flintstone technique, to which I replied that Jeffie actually looks more like Captain Caveman...
Seems that Jeffie had also mentioned that the show would be fine in my hands.
Okay, so does it seem to anybody else that getting a vote of confidence from Jeffie is a bit of a dubious honor? Anybody else not quite trusting that?
Yeah, thought so...

So, no Jeffie meant that reading the listings for upcoming shows fell into Joe's hands. Eventually we got onto a discussion of some of the free shows coming to the State Fair this year, and there's actually a pretty good line-up, if you're looking for some rock. Of particular interest to me are Blue Oyster Cult (who I just recently saw in Farmington, and they were GREAT!), Kansas, Coheed And Cambria (yes, they are performing for FREE!), and Jackyl.
Now, personally I was pretty excited about Jackyl, but it seems the other guys just don't share my appreciation for some good ol' redneck rock. Not even breaking into a little bit of "I Stand Alone" could sway them, and I happen to think that's a pretty bad-ass song!
Guess it all boils down to taste, and we all have our preferences on the Metallic Onslaught. Part of what makes it a good solid show, if you ask me!

So, it seems that in some ways I really wasn't keeping it together very well on the show that night.
I can't remember much of what Jeffie had whispered in my ear last week, but I can definitely say that something is really, REEEAAALLY weird. I mean, all I saw that night were tentacles! Little by little, throughout the evening, there were more and more of them! At first, it was just one or two caressing Josh's shoulder, and then there was a mass of them all over the place by the end of the night!
And nobody else could see them! What the fuck is up with that? How could they NOT see all of that green, slimy squishiness?
Of course, knowing what I saw and where those tentacles were going, maybe it's just as well that they couldn't see anything...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top