RSS FEED

December 25, 2010 - Jeffie is Back?!?

Listen to the Show - Pictures

Recap by The Metal Wulf; That's right, kiddies, we were live on Christmas Eve! Hey, how often is this possible, really? I was glad to jump on the opportunity to spend a portion of the holiday hanging with these guys!

Had kind of a shaky start to the evening as we encountered some technical issues, but those were remedied with a minimum of panic. Tim had joined us once again, but when he arrived without the sports car that Joe wanted for Christmas, disappointment was pretty evident. Man, Joe was really lookin' forward to that Mazeratti, too!
Of course, it was a no-go as well when Joe mentioned that Tim could just hand him over the monetary equivalent. Poor Joe...

There was some concern over the appearance of my left eye expressed, and when I tried explaining the circumstances behind it, hilarity ensued.
Here's the deal: Bill and I had visited our parents for a bit before the show. Mom and dad have three cats, and Cotton is the only one of them who falls into the "friendly" category. Marmalade and Munch, well, you just take your chances with those two. I mean, it IS possible to catch them in a good mood, but...
Anyhoo, I'd been petting Cotton, and something in her fur caused an allergic reaction that affected my eye. What I'd said on the show was something like this:
"Whenever I pet her, I puff up..."
Now, there was a very brief moment of dead silence, followed by insane laughter from EVERYBODY! It was so bad that Joe had to jump right into a music set while we got ourselves composed.
It's really blown me away how that little statement just plummeted all of our minds straight to the gutter simultaneously, quite possibly right along with all of our listeners! Seriously, it was almost like one gigantic mental toilet flush!

Probably the greatest moment of the evening, though, was the arrival of Jeffie Claus! Yes, indeed, folks, Azkath has once again sent us a Jeffie unit, and for my part, I couldn't be any happier! My best friend is back and just as goofy as ever!
For some reason, the rest of the crew didn't seem as thrilled to have him back. There was even some suggestion that Christmas had been ruined! Well, at least Tim and I were happy to see him!

And to just give you an idea of how considerate Jeffie Claus is, he gave Joe's convertible to me and Bill as a Christmas gift!
And it was AWESOME! Wow, how did Jeffie know that Bill and I wanted to spend the wee hours of Christmas morning joy riding around Seneca County? We had sooooo much fun!
More on that when we return in a couple of weeks, though! Which, by the way, will be our Best Of 2010 show, so by all means check it out and find out what albums had the biggest impact on us in the past year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top