RSS FEED

March 19, 2011 - Azkath Brutalizes Randy...

Pictures

Recap by Randy, aka Wulfie
 
Okay, still a little fuzzy-headed after the most recent installment, so bear with me.


Roc City Roller Derby's Karma-Lized, Lethal Lorelei, Gwar, Resident Eva, and Coach Awesome were on hand, promoting their upcoming bout this Saturday night at RIT's Gordon Field House.
It's never a dull moment when these ladies join us, and it was especially cool having Resident Eva in the studio, as she's the one who got the ball (or should I say skates?) rolling for this derby league.
This new season should be more entertaining than usual,, with a new team (the Mid-Town Maulers) added to the roster alongside the Rottenchesters, the 5Hate5's, and the Roc Stars. More reason to get out and enjoy some derby action!


I want to give a nod to some music we've been playing recently. Within Temptation's newest offering, "The Unforgiving" will be hitting stores next week, and so far everything I've heard off of this is flat-out amazing! Maybe a little too commercial sounding and a little too slickly produced for some, but these songs are fantastic. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year for this band!
Also gotta mention this little collection called "Sin-Atra", a disc that features hard rock and metal notables like Joey Belladonna, Glenn Hughes, and Devin Townsend covering songs from,well...Frank Sinatra!
Yeah, sounds kind of insane, I know, but believe it or not, there are actually some very cool takes on Frankie's classics here. Prime examples, Queensryche's Geoff Tate on "Summer Wind" , Twisted Sister's Dee Snider on "It Was A Very Good Year", and, my personal favorite,  Mr. Big's Eric Martin on "The Lady Is A Tramp".
Worth a listen, and occasionally a chuckle (Devin Townsend's take on "New York, New York" is pretty damned surreal), trust me!


So, the head trauma continued this week. My head has become a favorite target of Bill's Droid case, but that's just slightly annoying.
Nope, the real pain came from Azkath, who once again delivered a beating to me during the last hour or so of the show. Seems these recent attacks are due to my continued smoking habit. Not sure how this is supposed to motivate me to quit, unless he's thinking I can't light up if I'm dead...
Or, on the other hand, maybe he thinks I'll forget what cigarettes are if he inflicts enough brain damage!
Whatever the reasoning, the attacks were a little more brutal than normal. Azkath dropped leg drops on me, flying elbows, body slammed Bill on top of me, not to mention numerous kicks and fore-arms blows to the dome.
And for some reason, Joe kept egging him on, going so far as telling Azkath that I'd called him a puss! I NEVER said that, at all!! I don't get that, to be honest. Not sure what's eating that dude, recently. I think he's still miffed that I'm not really a werewolf, but he should be taking that out on Jeffie! Oh well...

At some point, I must have zoned out pretty badly, as I found myself standing in one of the other rooms, in the dark, not remembering how in the hell I got there...
The violence eventually recommenced, but I was able to inadvertently drive Azkath off. As I struggled to get into a sitting position, a completely unexpected (and indescribably FOUL) fart squeaked out, clearing out the Stupid Room in just a matter of seconds. It truly was vile, but it bought me a little time, at least!
Of course, things just got worse, as Azkath eventually broke out a couple of special "presents" that had been picked out by Bill. Normally, I'd be cool with gifts, but not so much this time, as Azkath and Rick proceeded to break the records, provided by Bill, over my head.
For too dazed to defend myself, I just kept taking shot after shot with those slabs of vinyl, until finally they broke. From there, there was an attempt at blood by using the shards of broken record on my forehead...
And that still wasn't the worst of it! Next thing I know, Azkath is dragging a big plastic table in, and KA-POW!!! Not sure how many times he hit me, with that, to be honest. I may have blacked out, not sure...


I wasn't out long, though, 'cuz NOTHING will wake you up like the sound of a drill approaching your head!
My poor, aching, throbbing head...
________________________________________________


Listen to the Show


Playlist:
Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Warlord - Deliver Us From Evil
Tetrafusion - Collage Of The Present


Rainbow - Stargazer
Manowar - Battle Hymn
Highway Chile - Headbangers


Woods Of Ypres - I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery
Destruction - Stand Up And Shout
Enrage - Hungary Like The Wolf
Power Quest - Sacrifice
Goes Cube - Thunderheads


Straight Line Stitch - Bar Room Brawl
Salt The Wound - Why Don't You Have A Seat
Vintersorg - Jordpuls
Darkest Hour - Purgatory
Sin-atra (feat. Dee Snider) - It Was A Very Good Year


Kvelertak - Blodtorst
Of Wrath And Ruin - Eyes Of Fire
Protest The Hero - Tandem
Jag Panzer - Overlord
Within Temptation - A Demon's Fate


Ken Mode - Obeying The Iron Will
Cavalera Conspiracy - Warlord
Stryper - God
Onslaught - Godhead
Speed\Kill/Hate - Deciever


Widow Sunday - Forever Sleep
Onward To Olympas - Unsuitable Patterns
Devil Driver - Lend Myself To the Night


Sign Of The Jackal - Night Of The Dead
Cauldron - Miss You To Death
Trap Them - Scars Align
Grave Robber - Army Of The Dead
Trouble - Memory's Garden


Acid Reign - Suspended Sentence
The Bronx Casket Co. - Antihero
Crowbar - The Cemetery Angels
Clandestine - Phantom Pain


Times Of Grace - Strength In Numbers
Queensryche - Take Hold Of The Flame
Evergrey - You
Volture - Heathens Revenge
Motorhead - Waiting For The Snake

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top